Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Blog!

I have not blogged in roughly a decade (xanga, anyone?), so I am interested to see how this will go!

I am eager to learn more about developing and teaching socially connected courses (#ccourses). While I have read Stephen Downes and George Siemens and their notions of connectivism, it should be interesting to see it in action as well.  When I teach history courses, I often feel that the Learning Management System (LMS) proves to be an encumbrance to learning.  That is not to say that the LMS is not great for certain things, such as grade management, housing resources, and certain assignment submissions.  I feel that there are greater possibilities and I am interested to explore how I can open up my course structure to promote greater social learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment